You are hereAbout
The North Florida Camera Club, also known as the Gainesville Photography Club (GPC), is a Non-Profit Club. The goals of the club are to:
- foster friendships among people interested in photography and desiring to share photographic expertise and ideas
- enhance member’s photographic and related computer skills through program presentations
- show member’s work to others who appreciate good photography
- implement a non-competitive system for anonymously evaluating and critiquing member’s photographs
- develop in members the skills to evaluate their photographs and those of others objectively
Membership in the GPC is open to anyone having an interest in the art and science of photography and who desires to share their photographic ideas and expertise with like-minded individuals. Membership is open to all, regardless of age, sex, religion, race, or color.
Our members have diverse photographic interests and abilities ranging from professional to beginner. GPC chooses not to engage in competition among its members and does not focus meetings around photographic competitions. However, GPC is a member of the Florida Camera Club Council (F3c) The F3c holds state-wide print and digital competitions 3 times a year in Professional/ Advanced Amateur, and Beginner divisions. GPC encourages members seeking competition to enter images in the F3c events.
Meetings are open to the public and are held every third Monday of the month from 7:00pm - 9:00pm at the LifeSouth building located:
Civitan Regional Blood Center
1221 Northwest 13th St. Gainesville, FL 32601.
Directions can be found here.
Questions can be directed to the Club by completing the Contact form.